Kehkashan Basu, M.S.M. founded Green Hope Foundation in 2012, at the age of 12, to address the severe lack of inclusivity of children, young people, women and marginalized communities in the sustainable development process. For her work, Kehkashan has been recognized as a Forbes 30 Under 30 and a United Nations Human Rights Champion, and is the recipient of Canada's Meritorious Service Medal (M.S.M.)
Green Hope Foundation is an ECOSOC-accredited youth-led Not-for-Profit registered in Canada with operations in 28 countries. It is a global social innovation enterprise, that combines grassroots action with advocacy at the highest levels of policy making to create a just, equitable, peaceful and nuclear-weapons-free world.
Green Hope Foundation is a registered 501(c)3 public charity that is accredited to the:
- United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
- UN Environment Assembly (UNEA)
- UN Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD)
- UN Women Generation Equality Forum Co-Lead of Feminist Action for Climate Justice Action Coalition
For more information visit
To donate to the Green Hope Foundation press button below.